ArchiMed is a leading private equity firm focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. ArchiMed serves as a strategic and financial partner to European and North American small and middle-market businesses in targeted segments of healthcare, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices & technology, healthcare IT and consumer health. ArchiMed’s strategy is based upon healthcare specialization, integrated private equity, medical and operating expertise, and its unique trans-Atlantic platform that supports growth through internationalization.
Over the last 20 years, ArchiMed’s leadership team has directly managed and invested in over 40 small to large-size healthcare companies globally, representing over €5 billion of invested capital.
ArchiMed currently manages nearly €2 billion in assets across four funds, small-cap focused MED I and MED II, gene & cell therapy focused PolyMED and mid-cap-focused MED Platform . The latter is Europe’s largest healthcare fund at €1 billion. ArchiMed’s MED I 2014 vintage fund is the top performing buyout fund on a global level for its vintage, returning in excess of six times invested capital on a gross basis. ArchiMed is an impact investor and a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment, pledged to uphold the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
As of January 2021
- Dedicated to the Healthcare Industries
- Ability to invest globally with European focus
- Headquarters in Lyon with European and North American coverage
- International culture at team and individual levels
- Medical, scientific, operational and financial backgrounds
- Long term relations with entrepreneurs
- Several investment vehicles providing flexibility on investment size
- Eurêka Foundation dedicated to the recovery of fragile people
- Founded in 2014 on the basis of 30 years track-record
- 18 nationalities in ArchiMed team
- 50+ team members, of which half Healthcare industry insiders
- Directly invested in 7 European countries and in the US
- Investment size from EUR 5M to 500M
- >50 investments and >€5bn invested at team level
- +17 portfolio companies as of Jan 2021
- >100 patients supported through Eurêka Foundation